Quite a few companies out there today are producing thumbwheel switches for a variety of different applications. If you are interested in using thumbwheels in your own company, it pays to make sure that you are working with the best. Here are some of the top options when it comes to these types of switches.
• APEM – in business for more than 60 years, APEM is a company on which you can rely when you are looking for many different types of products. They have high quality devices, including thumbwheel switches of different varieties. The company has products in a variety of different industries, and they are working with more than a hundred distributors to make it easy for you to find and buy all of their products.
• Omron – here is a large company based in Singapore that has a global network. You will find thumbwheel switches and a wide range of other items via the company. Omron has been in business since 1933, originally called Tateisi Electric Manufacturing Co. They are been providing innovation to the field of electronics, and helping to create and make better a variety of advanced technologies.
• Hartmann – another electronic company with years in the business and quite a bit of experience when it comes to creating thumbwheel switches. You should be able to find a device that is going to work well for your application.
• Cherry – another company with more than 60 years in business, Cherry has been making great thumbwheel switches and other products for electronics for private industry, the government, and the public. The company has a wide range of products, and it should be easy for people to find exactly what they need, no matter the type of thumbwheel switch it might be.
• C&K – founded in 1957, the company has grown to become one of the leaders in the field of connector parts and switches. They are able to offer more than 40,000 different unique part numbers. With such a huge variety of devices available via the catalog, you should find it to be quite an easy matter to find the thumbwheel switch, or any other component that you might need for that matter, through C&K!
You are going to be able to find quite a few different options when it comes to the type, style, and complexity. You might find that you do not need to have anything more than a simple thumbwheel, or you might need something that’s quite involved. Choose a quality manufacturer who will be able to listen to your issues and answer your questions so that you can be sure you are getting exactly what you need from your switch.
Because you do have all of those different options, it means that you are going to want to know exactly what it is that you are getting too. Always research the quality of the company and make sure that you understand the workings for your thumbwheel switch as well as how it is going to work with your components.
The preceding manufacturers are certainly some of the best in the industry. They’ve been making these switches, and many other items for a number of years, and they have the experience that you require. However, they are not the only manufacturers out there, and that means that you do have to be careful when you are buying your thumbwheel switches and components.
You will never want to buy low quality products, as they are not going to be reliable. One of the best ways to determine the quality of the product you are buying is to look up online reviews. Many of the distributors out there have review systems on their site, and that can help to give you a better idea of what you are getting so that you do not spend on an inferior product.
One of the things that you will certainly want to do is make sure that you are going to be able to fit the switch into your panel. For the most part, it is going to be easy to determine the size of the switch and use it with most panels that have cutouts already set for switches. Always check the measurements though, just to be sure. This could be particularly important if you are simply replacing a switch.